February 17, 2010

Compliments and Trench Coats

So today at the good ol' 7-11 in Hummelstown I was making a pit stop for a DIET COKE and gas after dropping Bennett off for preschool.  The same guy that is working every time I go to 7-11 is working today. 


As I fill my soda he walks over and asks me if I have a sister who comes into 7-11 too.  Nope, Just me.  So he proceeds to tell me that a girl that looks just like me..... tall, pretty (thanks!), shops there too.....Only I am skinny and she is heavier than I am.  Well thanks, what a nice compliment random 7-11 guy, you called me skinny!  The only thing is today I am dressed up a little with a trench coat on and some earrings....I'm pretty sure the OTHER girl, the HEAVY one is ME TOO!  Just with sweats and no make-up and without a trench coat to cover  my rear end up!



The funny thing is I do SWEAR by trench coats.  Its the FIX ALL.  If you ever need to leave your house and need to look presentable in an instant, just put on a trench!  I have multiple in an array of colors.  If you don't you should get a simple black- its a MUST HAVE for everyone's closet.  My purple trench from Banana Republic if my favorite!  Here is a picture of it.




 So for what its worth he called me pretty and skinny!  I'll just wear my trench  from now on!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

That is really funny. I was actually thinking of buying this coat: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=5448&vid=1&pid=730342

Kellie Jean said...

Ruth - I love the linen trench! Maybe I need one of those too...hmmm...