February 3, 2010

Trolley Square Banana Republic

One place that is dear to me is Banana Republic.  I have worked there over 7 years now and have met a lot of people who are special to me there and have grown a ton as a person through many experiences at Banana.

I started at the Banana Republic at The Gateway Mall in 2002.  I have always loved retail, it is where my passion is professionally.  Some people don't get it or think its just playing with clothes all day and that's OK.   But really it is so much more.  I love the people piece.  I love creating an atmosphere of helping people reach a goal, whether small like opening a Banana Republic Card or helping someone finish school and have a small income to help along the way.   Some goals are larger like working on overall people skills (this can be rough!)  Working in retail you work with so many people in so many different situations you have to learn social intelligence.  I love the science of PEOPLE!

I started as a Customer Experience Manager and progressed in 2 years to the General Manager of the Banana Republic at Trolley Square.   I LOVE Trolley Square, It was truly a time in my life that I will always remember.  I was able to be the General Manager there for 2 years until my family moved to Hershey, PA for Steven's medical school. (Now we are almost done=) I continued as a manager for less than a year at The Shoppes at Susquehanna in Harrisburg, PA and am still employed part time as a sales associate - I just can't let it go!

But back to Trolley Square because that is what I love today.  I want to give a shout out to Trolley's team because they just lost their store.  Trolley Square Banana Republic closed its doors on Monday January 25th FOREVER.  What a sad day!  I will always cherish the memories made within those walls.  I love so many people who shared that time in life with me. BYE BYE Banana Republic at Trolley Square.  These pictures above are actually the store at Trolley.


The BEST team ever!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love you Kel!

Kellie Jean said...

I'm sure one of these days you will be on my blog for something I LOVE!