March 10, 2010

Kristi Approved 7 Day Challenge Final Results

I did it.  I reached my goal exactly!  There's something to be said for goal setting.

                                      THIS PIC MAY BE EXAGGERATED a little...

I want to preface this with BEFORE this week I had already cut out sugar from my diet almost completely and I already worked out 4-6 days at the gym.  So having these results didn't come from someone just starting out (if you are starting out you will lose MORE).  Imagine what you could achieve if you are just starting out your weight loss journey..........

I got on the scale this morning to a happy 156 lbs staring back at me, not 156 (point) anything....Just 156.0 EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!


I am so excited I could scream!  I have one pound to go to reach my goal for March 18th Match day too.
I do all of my measurements on a regular basis too, I lost a total of 3 inches overall.  That's really great!  My goal was 5, but I think it was a little lofty because I don't really understand how inches come off yet.


TRUE STORY:

I have a skirt in my closet, well one of about 100 skirts in my closet =) and I bought it a long time ago.   In fact the receipt is still attached because I have never worn it.  I bought it on April 4, 2005.
This is exactly 20 days before I had Bennett, my first child.  So obviously when I bought it I was a little too big to pull that size 8 pink brocade with sequin's (it really is cute...seriously!) up around even my thighs!   ( I was over 200 lbs when I delivered him!)  I thought well, I LOVE this skirt and I will just wait until I loose the weight, the skirts were flying off the walls at the Banana Republic at Trolley Square and I HAD to have one!

I put it on this morning and zipped it up.   End of story!

Thank you for being apart of my first 7 days on Kristi Approved, Live The Life.  I have had a blast blogging about it.  I plan to keep updating on my progress.  If you are not convinced you should be!  Go here to get started.

6 comments:

Kelley Flint said...

Congrats. That's awesome. And I love the skirt story. That is an achievement.

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!! Can I have your "fat" clothes? ;)

Amber said...

That's funny that I totally know what skirt you are talking about. I'm pretty sure I saw it in your closet when you lived back up on the hill! Congrats on fitting into it. Do we get to see it on Sunday?

Jordan said...

CONGRATS Kellie!!! That is so awesome. I found a good way to lose weight. Get a root canal. You can't eat anything solid for about a week. I think I would have rather done this weight loss program instead though!! Congrats again.

Attaboy said...

You rock Kellie! Great job on staying dedicated and hitting your goal. I agree, there's something to be said about setting a goal and going after it. It's no surprise that you did it when you were that determined. I love that you accomplished your goal!
Brent Attaway-Kristi Approved.

Amelia said...

Yay! I am Amber's friend from Utah. We went to Nursing school together, until she moved to Chocolateville, too far away from us all. Now she is moving BACK to my home town, and i am stuck up here in Canada...wow. ANYWAY, congrats on your weight loss! i am inspired by you and loved reading your daily entries. I want to go buy a scale now, just so I can track myself so well! I have the last 10 lbs to lose until I hit my goal weight, then we'll see from there, so I am hoping this works for me as well as it did for you! 5 lbs in 7 days eating like THIS! How? But I'll take it. Anyway, good work. You have a very cute family picture by the way! :)